- Should I open the windows to help the drying process?
- What about special items? Artwork, china, heirlooms, etc.
- Are there any warning signs of mould to look for in my commercial facility?
Opening the windows in your home to assist the drying process is not always recommended. Outside weather conditions may vary. Your ServiceMaster Restore technician will determine when and if opening windows to let in outside air is advisable.
Some high-value items require restoration by specialists. Working with your insurance claim representative, we can help you identify these items and locate a qualified restorer.
If there are dark spots on your ceiling, floors or walls, this is a sure sign of mould growth. Musty odours and mildew are often also signs that mould may be growing in your property. Respiratory and allergy symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, trouble breathing and wheezing are a common indicator of mould growth as well. High humidity levels in your building that result in condensation on glass and metal surfaces are also a warning sign of mould.